Flameworking is the art of melting and shaping glass over a hot torch or flame. The glass can be made into marbles, perfume bottles, sculpted animals and much more! The perfect course for anyone who has done a beading class and wants to explore the medium further or for anyone wanting to make beautiful sculpted objects in glass. Think glassblowing on a smaller, more intimate scale. No glass working experience is required. All materials are provided.
FOR 14 YEARS AND OLDER
Canberra Glassworks decides a week prior if the class will run. Please consider this if you are coming from out of town and booking accommodation.
|Price||$320.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Saturday, 03 December 2016|
|Finish date||Saturday, 03 December 2016|
|Sessions||1 session of 6.5 hours|
|Time||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|Status||Places are available.|
Please wear and bring the following:
* Comfortable cotton or natural fibre clothing
* NO FLAMMABLE OR SYNTHETIC CLOTHING
* Wear or bring both a long sleeve and short sleeve cotton shirt to class (It can get hot/cold and a change of clothing may be needed)
* Long pants
* Covered shoes (e.g. leather shoes, boots or runners. Make sure none of your foot is exposed)
* A bottle of water
* If you have long hair wear it tied back
* If you need reading glasses bring them as well
* Your class will run over lunch time so bring something to eat and a snack
ALL ADDITIONAL SAFETY GEAR WILL BE SUPPLIED
IMPORTANT: Your teacher will arrange a time for you to come and pick up your work. This will be at least a week after your class. If you need your work to be posted to you, there will be an additional fee for postage. Let your teacher know if this is required.
Address: 11 Wentworth Ave, Kingston