Consolidate the skills you learnt in the introductory Flameworking course. You will work on more intricate pieces and gain further confidence and experience in this wonderful medium.
FOR 14 YEARS AND OLDER
NOTE FOR INTERSTATE PARTICIPANTS: Canberra Glassworks decides a week prior if the class will run. Please consider this if you are coming from out of town and booking accommodation and contact us on 6207 4441 for confirmation.
|Price||$340.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Sunday, 08 October 2017|
|Finish date||Sunday, 08 October 2017|
|Sessions||1 session of 6.5 hours|
|Time||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
Please wear and bring the following:
* Comfortable cotton or natural fibre clothing - NO FLAMMABLE OR SYNTHETIC CLOTHING
* Wear long pants and wear or bring both a long sleeve and short sleeve cotton shirt to class (It can get hot/cold and a change of clothing may be needed)
* Covered shoes (e.g. leather shoes, boots or runners. Make sure none of your foot is exposed)
* A bottle of water
* If you have long hair wear it tied back
* If you need reading glasses bring them as well
* Your class will run over lunch time so bring something to eat and a snack
ALL ADDITIONAL SAFETY GEAR WILL BE SUPPLIED
IMPORTANT: Your teacher will arrange a time for you to come and pick up your work. This will be at least a week after your class. If you need your work to be posted to you, there will be an additional fee for postage. Let your teacher know if this is required.
About your tutor:
Mark Eliott is a Sydney based artist and teacher who’s main technique is sculpting and blowing borosilicate glass in the flame. His sculptures vary from the figurative to the abstract to the conceptual; on themes ranging from life-like representations of marine organisms to mythological figures and visual representations of music. His current projects include a collaboration with film-maker Jack McGrath to animate flame-worked glass. Mark also loves to teach and is often delighted by the improvisations produced by beginners on the flame.
Address: 11 Wentworth Ave, Kingston