Get the skills and confidence to start your own organic garden for the upcoming season. Whether you are a complete beginner or just new to organic principles, the mix of theoretical information and practical gardening experience you’ll gain from this course will get your garden growing in no time
Topics to be covered include:
* basic understanding of organic gardening principles;
* soil preparation using bio-friendly techniques;
* basic tools and their uses;
* use of pots and planter boxes as well as traditional "backyard" gardening techniques;
* basic planting techniques (seeds and seedlings);
* plants and their life cycles, growth habits and requirements:
* limitations of the Canberra climate and local soil quality and how to deal with both.
|Price||$245.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Saturday, 21 October 2017|
|Finish date||Saturday, 11 November 2017|
|Sessions||4 sessions of 3 hours|
|Time||10.00am - 1.00pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
The first class will take place at CIT Bruce. All subsequent classes are at the Canberra City Farm site at Jerrabomberra Wetlands.
- Drinking Water
- Covered in Shoes
- Pencil and Paper
"The course had really helpful hints you only find by talking to a gardener." Anne
"Very knowledgeable and happy to share wisdom at any time." Leanne
"I was able to get my own questions answered." Pam
"Excellent handouts, depth of knowledge of teacher."
"Fascinating stuff. Tip of the iceberg, well presented. Keith is a storehouse of knowledge."
"The teacher is very experienced and engaging. He took time to answer all our questions."
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce