After completing 'Sewing for Beginners' take the next step and learn to use a commercial pattern customized for the perfect fit. In this course you'll learn how to make a simple skirt or pair of trousers based on your own choice of basic pattern and easy to sew fabric.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN SEWING MACHINE, NO MACHINES WILL BE PROVIDED
|Price||$215.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Monday, 13 November 2017|
|Finish date||Monday, 04 December 2017|
|Sessions||4 sessions of 2.5 hours|
|Time||6.00pm - 8.30pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
Bring to first class:
* A commercial pattern for a simple skirt (or pants) to fit your hip measurement. A good understanding of fitting principles is gained by working with a closely fitted style though a flared shape is acceptable as this may better suit some figure types.
* Suitable fabric. It is easy to handle a medium weight cotton/ cotton blend fabric. Avoid stretch and silky synthetics as well as checks or large prints. An inexpensive choice of fabric is advisable for the first project as this is an opportunity to test the pattern on your figure. It may be made again later in a special fabric. Fabric quantity is listed on the back of the pattern envelope in a variety of width options. Approximately twice the skirt or pants length plus 10 cm is required in 112 cm wide fabric. We recommend that you wash the fabric before cutting out to avoid shrinking in the finished garment. To do this soak for 10 minutes in warm water and hang on the clothesline to dry.
* Notions or requirements listed on the pattern envelope such as zipper, buttons, interfacing (select a standard zipper, NOT an invisible zipper.)
* Pattern tracing paper. This is an optional extra which allows you to trace the pattern rather than cut out the original copy. The most inexpensive option is to purchase a roll of un-waxed greaseproof paper from the supermarket ('homebrand' - approximately $1.50 per roll) .
* Basic sewing equipment such as pins, scissors, tape measure, fabric marking pen or chalk, hand sewing needles.
* Pencil, glue stick, 30cm ruler
"Great introduction to all aspects of sewing, with the added benefit of having a finished product." Stephanie
"I knew the basics but I have learned so many little things that have made sewing much more encouraging." Tegan
"Instructor was incredibly knowledgeable & provided clear & easy to follow instructions, and met the various paces of individual students." Karen
"Lyn is very calm, helpful and knows how to use any sewing machine- very impressive." Veena
"Lyn is an excellent teacher very patient and clear. Thanks!" Kate
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce