This introductory course offers a window on the world of commercial floristry. It covers basic skills in hand tying, wiring for special occasions as well as design, plus a behind the scenes peak into the working of a fascinating and fulfilling vocation. Pick up some valuable creative skills for home, family and work along the way.
Over the six weeks students will acquire basic skills in the following:
* Knowledge of the flowers, foliages and other horticultural materials suitable for floral design
* How to care for, feed and groom cut flowers
* Understanding the elements and principles of design
* Styling and construction
* The study of colour
* The language and symbolism of flowers
* Introduction to the specific tools used in the industry
* An introduction to online suppliers
* Decorative wrapping and packaging including bow tying
* Basic information on the retailing of flowers.
Please note: You will need to supply your own flowers for this course.
|Price||$265.00 (GST exempt)|
|Start date||Monday, 23 October 2017|
|Finish date||Monday, 27 November 2017|
|Sessions||6 sessions of 2 hours|
|Time||6.30pm - 8.30pm|
|Status||2 places are available.|
Students may access assorted flowers and foliages from their own garden. If purchasing flowers from a retail outlet allow up to $30 per week depenidng on where you source them. You will also need a pair of secateurs.
"It was interesting and gave you a great idea of what it would be like to be a florist" Anjali
"I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I will come again." Margaret
"Teacher was engaging and friendly. Explains techniques in a detailed & interesting way, teaches a variety of techniques. Great course!!" Celine
"Hazel is extremely knowledgeable regarding all aspects of floristry and offered a wealth of information each week. I appreciate being able to learn so much over such a short period!" Lauren
"Skilled and friendly teacher" Tamara
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce