Learn how to create your own quilt with this fun and rewarding course, open to all levels from beginners through to art quilters. Work at your own level and pace through a series of projects, techniques and ideas from basic quilt blocks to intuitive piecing and embellishments. Suitable both for those working with a sewing machine or those who prefer hand stitching.
|Price||$215.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Saturday, 26 August 2017|
|Finish date||Saturday, 16 September 2017|
|Sessions||4 sessions of 3 hours|
|Time||1.00pm - 4.00pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
MATERIALS LIST - Please bring:
* Your sewing machine, cleaned and oiled, plus the manual.
* All machine accessories - a walking foot is advisable for machine quilting, whilst a 1/4" foot helps with accurate seaming.
* Scissors, snips, tape measure, pins and an unpicker, a notebook, pen, pencil and glue stick.
* A new needle should be fitted after every eight hours of stitching, 70/10 and 80/12 needles are used for piecing whilst a 90/14 or even 100/16 needle is an advantage for machine quilting.
* Fabric - 1 metre of calico or light coloured homespun and 50cm each of four different prints which work well together. These will be used for samples and small projects. Please wash and iron prior to the first lesson.
* Machine thread to co-ordinate with fabric. Mid-tones usually work best, perhaps a cream or a mid grey etc.
* Cutting mat, patchwork ruler and rotary cutter if available. If purchasing then the 12" x 23" (approx) size mat is the most suitable, often available at discount or craft type stores for scrapbooking etc at a cost of $10. I prefer the 6 1/2" (not 6" ) by 14" or 12" patchwork ruler although most shops will try to sell you the 61/2" by 24" ruler.
* For rotary cutters, check if the one purchased fits your hand, especially if left-handed as some may not adjust for you.
Fabric will be needed later for both a basic lap quilt and a larger sampler quilt.
It will also help if you can give some indication of your level of experience either through photographs or "show and tell" items.
Requirements for hand quilters:
* Fabric as listed above
* Rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat if available
* a pad of 12 inch quilters graph paper (available from Patchwork shops)
* thin cardboard, paper glue, A5 unlined notebook, pen, 2H penicl 2B pencil
FOR CONTINUING QUILTERS or those with some experience, you will need your machine etc, plus fabric for samples, similar to that listed above and perhaps your current project.
There will be an additional materials list for Quick Start quilts sent to you when you book this class.
NOTE: Please take every precaution when carrying your machine from the car to the venue.
"Audrey was fantastic, so knowledgeable and so patient. She's a great teacher." Danielle
"Audrey was very patient and knowledgeable." Hannah
"Audrey has so much experience to share and is fabulous at passing that knowledge on."
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce