This introduction to freestyle machine quilting is for confident sewers wanting to learn how to stitch ribbons, pebbles, spirals, flowers, leaves amd teardrops as part of their own quilting project.
|Price||$65.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Saturday, 04 November 2017|
|Finish date||Saturday, 04 November 2017|
|Sessions||1 session of 3 hours|
|Time||1.00pm - 4.00pm|
|Status||Places are available.|
Please bring to class:
* Your own sewing machine (it must have the ability to drop or cover the feed dogs).
* Special "Free Machine" or Darning" foot.
* Safety goggles (from Bunnings etc) strongly advised due to Work and Safety Regulations
* Few spools of normal machine thread.
* Four filled bobbins of different colours.
* Extra Machine needles - mixed sizes and thread snips.
* A4 Drawing Pad, pen, pencil and Artline 70 / Sharpie or similar.
* A4 thin cardboard (cereal packet okay)
Also make 4 fat quarter quilt sandwiches to bring to class as follows:
1. Use 2m calico or light coloured homespun and 1m of wadding to make Four Fat Quarters sized quilt sandwiches (50cm x 50cm) Stitch around the edge of these to anchor.
2. Further secure two quarters by stitching across the centre, horizontally and vertically, dividing same into four squares and remove all pins.
3. Stitch the third sandwich with vertical lines to simulate sashes or borders at say 5cm, 6cm, 11cm & 13.5cm sections, remove any pins.
4. Leave the fourth sandwich as is with pins in place.
NOTE: Please take every precaution when carrying your machine from the car to the venue.
"Audrey was fantastic, so knowledgeable and so patient. She's a great teacher." Danielle
"Audrey was very patient and knowledgeable." Hannah
"Audrey has so much experience to share and is fabulous at passing that knowledge on."
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce