This clinic is for anyone who wants to learn how to create their own bonsai or has one and needs to learn how to care for it properly. In this comprehensive session bonsai artist Shannon Young will discuss the history of this exquisite art then take you through all the practical design and care essentials you’ll need to create and maintain your own tree.
Bring your own bonsai along for some expert advice.
* What is Bonsai and how do I keep it small?
* How to keep my Bonsai alive
* Bonsai styles
* Bonsai design
* Basic tools and equipment
* Potting and root pruning bonsai
* Styling and wiring Bonsai- why we do it and wire sizes
* Bonsai presentation - pot selection, moss, pebbles and rock features
* What species are suitable for bonsai?
|Price||$95.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Saturday, 12 August 2017|
|Finish date||Saturday, 12 August 2017|
|Sessions||1 session of 3 hours|
|Time||9.30am - 12.30pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
About your tutor:
Shannon Young has qualifications and many years of experience in horticultural management and Bonsai artistry. Shannon has received 2 international awards for excellence for Bonsai Artistry and his Bonsai Trees have been commissioned by the Australian National Bonsai and Penjing Collection in the Canberra Arboretum.
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce