After completing 'Sewing for Beginners' take the next step and learn to use a commercial pattern customized for the perfect fit. In this course you'll learn how to make a simple skirt or pair of trousers based on your own choice of basic pattern and easy to sew fabric.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN SEWING MACHINE, NO MACHINES WILL BE PROVIDED
|Price||$225.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Tuesday, 20 March 2018|
|Finish date||Tuesday, 10 April 2018|
|Sessions||4 sessions of 2.5 hours|
|Time||6.00pm - 8.30pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
Bring to first class:
* A commercial pattern for a simple skirt (or pants) to fit your hip measurement. A good understanding of fitting principles is gained by working with a closely fitted style though a flared shape is acceptable as this may better suit some figure types.
* Suitable fabric. It is easy to handle a medium weight cotton/ cotton blend fabric. Avoid stretch and silky synthetics as well as checks or large prints. An inexpensive choice of fabric is advisable for the first project as this is an opportunity to test the pattern on your figure. It may be made again later in a special fabric. Fabric quantity is listed on the back of the pattern envelope in a variety of width options. Approximately twice the skirt or pants length plus 10 cm is required in 112 cm wide fabric. We recommend that you wash the fabric before cutting out to avoid shrinking in the finished garment. To do this soak for 10 minutes in warm water and hang on the clothesline to dry.
* Notions or requirements listed on the pattern envelope such as zipper, buttons, interfacing (select a standard zipper, NOT an invisible zipper.)
* Pattern tracing paper. This is an optional extra which allows you to trace the pattern rather than cut out the original copy. The most inexpensive option is to purchase a roll of un-waxed greaseproof paper from the supermarket ('homebrand' - approximately $1.50 per roll) .
* Basic sewing equipment such as pins, scissors, tape measure, fabric marking pen or chalk, hand sewing needles.
* Pencil, glue stick, 30cm ruler
There are LIMITED sewing machines available at the venue so please let us know if you need us to provide one. We encourage you to bring you own machine if you have one but you should be familiar with its basic operations and know how to thread it and put in the bobbin. You should also have (and bring) a zipper foot as well as the instruction manual for your machine.
""Carol is excellent techniques and I so love her teaching. Thanks so much." Dhuha
"Teacher was very good and patient." Ghfran
"The course was super fund & engaging! Carol made the course enjoyable & educational!" Danielle
"Carol was very helpful and knowledgeable."
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce