Build your understanding of basic painting and drawing techniques and colour theory in this relaxed course. You will follow a series of observation and design exercises and learn to work with a variety of materials.
The course is designed to equip students with basic knowledge of two dimensional arts.
Suitable for beginners and continuing students.
|Price||$355.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Wednesday, 07 February 2018|
|Finish date||Wednesday, 28 March 2018|
|Sessions||8 sessions of 2.5 hours|
|Time||6.00pm - 8.30pm|
|Status||Module is full.|
Please bring to your class: (Please do not purchase any materials until you confirm the course is going ahead)
* Charcoal: Compressed and Willow sticks
* Pencils: 3b, 4b, 5b
* Kneadable Eraser
* Pad of Acrylic Painting Paper (A3)
* Pad of Cartridge Drawing Paper (A3)
* Water container, large jar or 2lt milk container cut in half etc
At your first class Dennis will confirm the following. Please do NOT buy paint or brushes prior to the first class.
* Acrylic Paint Essential: Arylamine Yellow, Phthalo Blue, Quinacridone Magenta, Titanium White. Artist quality such as Art spectrum or Archival etc recommended
* Selection of Painting Brushes
* Painting Palette
Good quality paint and paper are best purchased from specialist suppliers such as Eckersley's (Braddon, Phillip) or at the Hadfield Gallery 53 Colbee Court Phillip. Generic materials can be found at discount stores such as the Reject Shop; Target or BigW.
"Dennis' expertise and passion for painting and drawing gave all of us inspiration to pursue this further."
"An experienced and patient teacher. Work at your own pace encouraged"
"(the course) covers all aspects of the advertised object and got us all started. All felt empowered to try new aspects of art. Some great 'eureka!' moments." - June
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce