This drawing course is ideal for beginners or returning students needing a creative boost.Through a series of exercises you will learn how to use right-brain mode to enhance your creativity and drawing skills.
Each week we explore different themes including perspective, portraits, proportions, tone and much more through a wide variety of subjects. The course is guided in part by the pioneering theories of Betty Edwards in this field, as well as drawing on a wider range of techniques and mark-making.
Course subject matter:
* Introduction - Why faces?
* Pre-instruction drawings
* Non-verbal language of art
* Comparing right and left mode
* Experiencing the shift - Vase/face - Baroque vase - Upside down drawing
* Your history as an artist - memories and symbols
* Review of right brain
* Bypassing the symbol system - Pure contour drawing imaging
* Meeting edges with contour - modified contour drawing; the positive aspects of negative space; drawing using a viewfinder; perspective; proportions; drawing portraits; seeing light drawing shade; tonal values.
|Price||$355.00 (GST included)|
|Start date||Tuesday, 06 February 2018|
|Finish date||Tuesday, 20 March 2018|
|Sessions||7 sessions of 3 hours|
|Time||1.30pm to 4.30pm|
|Status||Module is finished.|
Materials to bring to all classes:
HB, 2B & 4B Lead Pencils; Graphite Pencil; A4 Drawing Pad; Eraser; Black cardboard & clear acetate to make a view finder (will show how in class, Lesson 1); Medium point permanent marker; Medium point non permanent marker.
Please do not purchase any materials until you confirm the course is going ahead.
"Wonderful course. I'm seeing everything differently now can't believe it's over!" Morgan
"She was very helpful. I think Felicity is a wonderful teacher. I would like to do more of her courses in the future."
"Felicity is approachable, knowledgeable and helpful. Would do another course with her an excellent teacher." Jen
Address: 35 Vowels Crescent, Bruce